Company number: CHE-467.791.644
Phone: +41 61 295 50 00
Effective as of: January 1, 2017
1. Scope of Application
- These conditions of participation of BaselArea, Gewerbestrasse 12, 4123 Allschwil (“BaselArea”) govern the modalities of the registration and application in the Basel accelerator for the first phase (phase of selection) with the accelerator program called BaseLaunch (“Program”).
- By registering, applicants confirm that they have read and accept the following conditions.
- Individuals and teams from any country may apply to participate in the Program. This also applies to individuals and teams which have registered a company with the commercial register or have founded a society.
- There is no legal entitlement to participation in the Program. BaselArea with input from the Program’s selection committee (“Selection Committee”) decides at its sole discretion about the admission to the Program, no justification is required. BaselArea is entitled to cancel all or part of the Program at any time. There will be no correspondence about the admission to the Program or the rejection of an application.
- An application may be withdrawn in written form at any time by the applicant. In any case, there is no entitlement to restitution of the submitted documents.
- Application for registration takes place online on www.baselaunch.ch/apply at the latest until May 14, 2018. An extension of the deadline is at the sole discretion of BaselArea. The indicated information must be provided and the documents submitted.
- Applicants assure that they are the owners of all rights to the submitted documents and entitled to their submission.
- There is no entitlement to restitution or the returning of the submitted documents, both during and after the participation.
- Any documents and information submitted and all communication during the on line application process (“Application Documents”) will be considered as non-confidential and may be used in connection with the participation in the Program. Applicants agree that the Application Documents submitted during the on line application process and the information related thereto will be accessible to the accelerator selection committee (“Selection Committee”), the healthcare partners from the pharma industry (“Healthcare Partners”) as well as to selected experts and advisors of BaselArea (“Experts & Advisors”) without any restriction. The Selection Committee , Experts & Advisors and Healthcare Partners are only allowed to share Application Documents with third parties with the written agreement of the applicants.
- BaselArea assumes no responsibility or liability for any confidential information and/or documentation submitted by applicants during the on line application process as well as for any intellectual property rights and/or know-how contained therein.
5. Liability / No Right of Appeal
- Any liability of BaselArea for any direct or indirect damage, including, but not limited to damage caused by loss of profit, is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by the law. BaselArea is not liable in the event of force majeure. The liability for auxiliary persons is expressly excluded in its entirety.
- Applicants shall indemnify BaselArea, the Selection Committee, Healthcare Partners and Experts & Advisors for any claims by third parties of alleged infringement of copyright, industrial property rights, trade secrets and other third party rights in connection with the information and documents submitted by the applicants.
- BaselArea accepts no liability for the correctness of statements made, including statements of the Selection Committee, Healthcare Partners, Experts & Advisors or any other persons participating in the Program.
- No legal rights arise from the participation in the Program or the related preparation and submission of documents (e.g. no entitlement to any fees and/or expenses).
- BaselArea’s decision is final. There is no recourse to the courts and no right of appeal.
- Due notice shall be given of any changes to these conditions of participation.
- Should any of the provisions in the conditions of participation become null and void, the validity of the remaining provisions is unaffected. Invalid or null provisions are to be interpreted such that their commercial purpose is attained to the extent possible. Procedure shall be similar, if a contractual gap exists or a provision proves to be unfeasible.
- In the event that any of the terms or provisions of these conditions of participation are determined to be invalid or nil/void or if any provision or term of these conditions of participation shall become invalid or nil/void at any time hereafter, then all other provisions of these conditions of participation shall remain valid and effective in accordance with their terms. A provision which shall be determined to be or which shall become invalid or nil/void, shall be substituted by another suitable provision which shall maintain the economic purposes of these conditions of participation. The same shall apply in case of a contractual gap.
- These conditions of participation shall in all respects be governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland, including all matters of construction and validity, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
- The ordinary courts at the domicile of BaselArea shall have exclusive jurisdiction with regard to any claim and/or dispute arising out of these conditions of participation.